I took the basic Saturday Morning Pancake recipe and made the following ingredient modifications:
- Swap out 1/2 cup oats for 1/2 cup of the flour, so that you use 1/2 cup oats and 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- Add 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, frozen
- Use fat free buttermilk instead of reduced fat, to make up for the fat that the oats add
- Add the ground oats to the flour
- Add the sugar to the cranberries as you process them, instead of adding the sugar to the other dry ingredients
- Add the cranberries to the buttermilk mixture before you combine with the dry ingredients to impart a pinkish hue. If you don't want the pinkish hue, then add the cranberries to the dry ingredients.
Per serving (about 4 pancakes, assuming 24 pancakes from the entire recipe): 223 calories, 40 g carbs, 3 g fat, 10 g protein, 5 g fiber.